Sunday, August 25, 2013

Mini-Portfolio

This is the final piece for my forest for Ani113b. This project took me so long to come up with the right concept and maybe 4-5 major overhauls of the piece. In the end, I'm glad I was able to get something such as this after a little bit of help.


Day 


Night

The following video is a sequence of a morph of the teamup between Engine Sentai Go-Onger and Samurai Sentai Shinkenger. It is from a long-running Japanese tokusatsu series called Super Sentai, which back in 1993 was adapted into Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers (based on Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger). 


I am Kevin, majoring in Animation/Illustration. Right now I'm a fifth year at SJSU but only about a third year in A/I. I was previously a biology major but switched to A/I during my second year, so I have taken a couple of science classes but I don't remember too much of the material. I did however really enjoy my astronomy class. After graduation, I hope to work as a visdev artist, preferably for films and lately, have been thinking about going into character design specifically. Also judging by the above clip, you can probably say I'm something of a Super Sentai/Power Rangers nerd. To be honest, that is true, as I'll always have a soft spot for brightly colored warriors of justice.

P.S. If you ever want to know more about Super Sentai, I'm always up for a conversation!


No comments:

Post a Comment